Monday, February 15, 2010

Hobbies for your Overlord


Recently I have begun to feel that there may be more to life than being a ruthless unforgiving Overlord. Oh, yes, I hear you saying it. "Lord Vorgal, we your loyal and terrified minions want nothing more than to cower at your fuzzy feet. Please do not deprive us of our one pleasure in life."

Well minions I am afraid to say that you will need to deal with it. I toil all day for you, commisioning ziggurats for you to build. Testing my whips on your bloody backs, making sure there is enough ground glass in your slop to keep you alert!

You ask for so much and give me so little in return.
Only the other day a minion dared to ask me for water after working a 48 hour shift at a furnace in a tin shed. Did I not give him shelter from the burning 43 degree heat outside? Did I not cover the windows with boards to prevent the light from hurting his weary eyes?
You will be happy to know that I saved us all the time of having him buried and used him as fuel for the furnace. I believe the popular term is "Resource management"

That furnace needs to keep burning, the water for my tea might get cold otherwise.....of course I don't drink tea as I have no mouth but I may evolve one at some stage.

Back to discussing my potential hobbies. Gardening comes to mind. There are all kinds of poisonous plants that I could grow, in addition to Jasmine of course, it smells lovely in the summer night air.

Alternatively I was going to take up weaving, a loom looks so similar to the medieval torture implements I collect that it might be fun. I have no idea what you are supposed to do with it. I assume it is something like insert minion into slot A, pull lever B. Collect sluice in jar C......I am not sure. Anyway, I have wasted too much time in my musing and must return to my work. My newest temple will not build itself you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment